The speakers and moderators will be divided in 4 panels addressing the following topics:
- Taxing the Digital economy and digital services;
- Taxes on digital streaming services and broadcasting industry;
- Mobile Financial Services in Africa;
- Regulation and reception of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency in Africa;
- Potential of AI in tax administration; and Explainable Artificial intelligence in Tax Domain.
The CPT-UCT conference will offer attendees the opportunity to engage in a dialogue with specialists in taxation and other fields, in particular technology pundits, as well as digital business experts and officials from national and international organizations.
Next to the Conference, the UvA and the UCT organize half day courses on the Taxation & the Digitalized Economy (see below)
Speakers / Moderators
- Prof. dr. Dennis Weber (UvA / Loyens & Loeff)
- Prof. dr. Johann Hattingh (UCT)
- Prof. dr. Afton Titus (UCT)
- Prof. dr. Daniel Smit (UvA / EY)
- Dr Svitlana Buriak (UvA / Loyens & Loeff)
- Mbakiso Magwape (IBFD)
- Prof. Des Kruger (UCT & Weber Wentzel)
- Dr. Christoph Stork (Research ICT Solutions)
- Lutando Mvovo (Vodacom Group)
- Dr. Shaun Parsons (UCT)
- Prof. Dr. Marina Bornman (University of Johannesburg)
- Dr Dennis Post (UvA / EY)
- Dr Claudio Cipollini (UvA / RCLex)
- Dr. Błazej Kuzniacki (UvA / PwC)
- Belle Fille Murorunkwere (University of Rwanda)
- Kamil Tylinski (University College London)
This will be an “in-person” event without a possibility to participate online. The conference will be held in the city of Cape Town, South Africa.
The venue for the conference is the New Academic Conference Center UCT Graduate School of Business, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town - Waterfront Breakwater Lodge.
Registration and Fee
The entrance fee is 150 euro / 2700 Rand. For students of the UCT, attendance to the conference is free (registration mandatory). However, paying participants have priority when there are not enough seats due to capacity limitations. Lunch is not included for free participants.
This conference is sponsored by &Partners. &Partners is a tax and law Firm based in Italy and in the metaverse (Decentraland) highly specialised in international and domestic taxation. The Firm, made up of 50+ persons, is recognised as one of the leading boutique active in the energy, real estate, banking and finance and wealth management business industries.
Courses on Taxation & the Digitalized Economy
Next to the Conference, the UvA and the UCT organize half day courses on the Taxation & the Digitalized Economy. The courses will be held on 11 & 13 April 2023 in Cape Town, South Africa. The topics of the courses are:
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency Taxation;
- Taxing the Digitalized Economy; and
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Analytics in Tax Law.
- Prof. dr. Dennis Weber, Director of the ACTL and CPT project, e-mail: email@example.com
- Mr. Juan Manuel Vázquez, Academic Coordinator of the CPT project; firstname.lastname@example.org